The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) notified the Health Department earlier today that the first resident from West Newbury has tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
This individual is in isolation and is recovering from their illness. They are being supported and monitored according to MDPH guidelines. Out of respect for the individual and an order from the
Commissioner of the MDPH, no other information will be provided. Please do not ask.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF AS WE MOVE FORWARD
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING = maintain at least 6 feet between you and anyone else. This is VERY IMPORTANT!
- Please respect Governor Baker's Stay-At-Home Advisory.
HOW TO PROTECT OTHERS
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or a sleeve-covered elbow.
- If you are sick, STAY HOME!
- Clean & disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING = maintain at least 6 feet between you and anyone else. This is VERY IMPORTANT.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, or if you develop a fever and respiratory symptoms such as a cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider immediately.
IF THERE IS AN EMERGENCY CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY
For more information, the following websites can be reviewed.
MA Department of Public Health (DPH) website at: www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
Paul Sevigny, Health Agent
Office: 978-363-1100, x119
Email: [email protected]