Please join us this Wednesday evening to discuss the bylaw which will establish West Newbury’s Affordable Housing Trust. These are some of the questions we will be looking for feedback on:
- Given that achieving a Subsidized Housing Inventory of 10 % would require the addition of at least 113 affordable units, should that be the primary goal of the Trust?
- What would achieving a Subsidized Housing Inventory of 10 % in West Newbury look like?
- What role should local preference play in providing affordable housing?
- What mix of public/private members should the Trust have?
- Will municipal staff or other professional assistance be needed to support the Trust?
- What level of autonomy should the Town allow the Trust?
- Which operational model will be the most appropriate for West Newbury?
The Listening Session will begin at 7 p.m. and be held remotely. The meeting notice with log in information may be found on the town website at:
Additional background information regarding Affordable Housing generally, and Affordable Housing Trusts specifically, can be found on the Town website here.
We look forward to hearing your opinions,
The Affordable Housing Trust Bylaw Committee