An emergency complaint is one that requires immediate action from the Animal Control Officer. Incidents qualifying as an emergency complaint are those in which there is imminent threat to human life or an injury to a domestic animal.
Examples of emergency complaints include:
- Domestic animal hit by car and inured
- Canine bite, attack or mauling in progress
- Potentially rabid animal having contact with human or domestic animal
- At large dogs acting vicious or posing a threat to a human or other animals
- Large dead animal disrupting traffic flow
PLEASE NOTE: LOOSE DOGS OR DOGS IN CUSTODY ARE NOT AN EMERGENCY. THE ON-CALL ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS THAT WORK NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS CANNOT RESPOND TO LOOSE DOGS OR DOGS IN CUSTODY.